Frequently asked question
How do I identify myself without QR code?
You do not need a QR code if you have accessed the website of your service provider for which you wish to identify yourself using a smartphone. For identification without a QR code on the smartphone, please proceed as follows:
- If you have opened the AUTHADA app, close it.
- Open the website of the service provider on your smartphone via the browser.
- Start the identification process on the service provider’s website.
- After you have been instructed to download the AUTHADA app, start the identification process by tapping the “start AUTHADA app” button on the service provider’s website. The AUTHADA app will then open automatically.
- Now follow the instructions of the app. This includes entering your PIN and reading your ID card (note: you will find your PIN in your PIN letter, which was sent to you after you applied for your ID card).
- Then enter the TAN generated in the app on the service provider’s website.